Netgear has been breaking grounds with its Orbi Router because there hasn’t been any networking device that does the work of a router and an extender together, but Orbi does. Imagine Orbi as a device that incorporates two routers out of which, one is operating as a Wi-Fi Extender. It may seem a bit complicated at first, but Netgear has developed an easy to understand, install, and use a device that has the ability to power up your house or office with lightning-fast internet.
It is the brilliant design of Netgear Orbi, which allows users to access the internet in all corners of the house. Both routers that are encapsulated into one device is a tri-band router, i.e., each having several Ethernet Ports and USB Ports. Both units are capable of operating at 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Band and 5 GHz Bands. The way that Orbi uses the two routers is what creates the difference and not the tri-band routers.
How Netgear Orbi WiFi System works?
Netgear Orbi being a unique routing device operates differently than other routers. The working depends a lot upon the equipment used for configuring it and the environment. Netgear Orbi incorporates nodes that are interconnected, which allows you to add a number of devices to the network. The best thing about Netgear Orbi is that you can add multiple devices without bothering about the speed getting slow because that is not going to happen.
Netgear Orbi contains several Wi-Fi Points and they all play a crucial role in ensuring a strong connection with the device along with High-Fidelity Signal. The signal strength is already strong, so there is no need to further manipulate it.
The reason why Netgear Orbi is the most preferred choice of users is due to its blazing-fast internet with minimum congestion. It is a standalone device, which is responsible for generating wireless signals and transmitting those in every nook and cranny of the premises.
How Do I Setup Netgear Orbi Router With Orbi satellite?
Setting up Netgear Orbi Router is a simple but lengthy process. To know the exact details, read on:
- The process of setup Netgear Orbi begins with unplugging the modem in use and removing/replacing the backup battery if you’ve inserted one.
- Wait for some time and plug the modem back in.
- There is an ‘Internet Port’ on the Orbi device, which will be used to make a connection between Orbi and modem. For that, you will have to use an Ethernet cable as well.
- Connect Orbi to wall electrical outlet.
Note: If no light appears in the ‘Power LED’ on the back of the Orbi Router, then press ‘On/Off’ button on Orbi.
- The LED turns solid white initially followed by pulse white.
- Identify a central location in your premises to keep Orbi Satellite to receive the best Wi-Fi coverage. Orbi Satellite setup is as important as Orbi Router setup, so make sure you do it in the right way.
- Connect Orbi Satellite to a wall power outlet.
Note: If you see any light glowing in ‘Power LED’ on Orbi Satellite, press ‘On/Off’ button.
- Pay attention to the right LED color of Orbi Satellite as it should be light solid white initially and then change to pulse white. After that, it should be pulse magenta.
Note: You will see pulse magenta on the ring LED of Orbi Satellite for 60 seconds or until Orbi Router syncs with Orbi Satellite.
- If the ring LED on Orbi Satellite emanates magenta light, then you see three colors glowing on the LED for 10 seconds, which are Solid Blue, Magenta and Amber.
What Do Different Lights On Orbi Satellite Mean?
- Solid Blue: It glows when there is no connection between the Netgear Orbi Router and Satellite.
- Solid Magenta: It glows when Orbi Satellite fails to connect with Orbi Router. This can be solved by bringing both devices together.
- Solid Amber: This light indicates a connection between Orbi Satellite and Router, but not a strong one.
Note: If you continue to see ‘pulsing magenta’ on the ring LED, then press ‘Sync’ button on the Orbi router as well as on Orbi Satellite. The light will change to pulsing white followed by solid blue, which means, both devices are synced.
If that doesn’t happen, then you should take help of Netgear Orbi Tech support because they are proficient in troubleshooting issues like the one you are facing. To quickly get a solution, call at Orbi tech support phone number.
You should now connect your PC or smartphone to Netgear Orbi Router or Satellite with the help of an Ethernet cable or a wireless connection.
Note: You need to find and add the network name and password in order to connect your computer or smartphone to the Netgear Orbi Router or Satellite wirelessly. The credentials are given on the back of the Orbi Satellite and Router.
How to Update Firmware on your Orbi Satellite?
The process to update firmware on Orbi Satellite begins with checking if the device is running on the latest firmware. If it has, then you can skip the next steps, if not, then you will have to manually update the firmware.
How to check the firmware version of Orbi Router & Satellite?
- On your PC or smartphone, launch a web browser and enter ‘http://orbilogin.com’.
- Type in your username and password, which is ‘admin’ and ‘password’ respectively. If you have changed the password, then enter the one, which you have created.
- Click ‘Advanced’, then ‘Administration’ and finally, ‘Firmware Update’.
- Here you can check if the Orbi Router and Satellite are running on the most recent firmware version.
How to update the firmware on Orbi Satellite?
- Go to ‘http://downloadcenter.netgear.com’ in order to download Orbi Satellite’s firmware. Save it on your computer.
- Click ‘Manual update’ tab.
- Find your Orbi Satellite’s model name and select the checkbox corresponding to it.
- Click the ‘Update’ button.
- If you are prompted to enter the admin password, then enter the same password that you’ve entered for Orbi router.
- Click the ‘Browse’ button and upload the file that you have saved on your computer.
- It will take a few minutes for the file to upload, and as it does, select ‘Status’ and check if the firmware version on the status page matches the firmware version on Netgear Support Page.
Netgear Orbi Router: Problems & Errors
Netgear Orbi is setting the benchmark for other companies as to how a router needs to look and work. Despite being so technologically advanced and sound, the device is not immune to technical errors, as people have experienced a wide range of problems so far. Here is the list of some of the most common and annoying Netgear Orbi problems and errors.
- Netgear Orbi is unable to connect to the internet.
- Orbi firmware can’t update.
- Orbi login not secure.
- Unable to sync Orbi Router and Orbi Satellite.
- Can’t connect Orbi Router with Satellite.
- No LED glows on Netgear Orbi.
- Problems with Orbi installation despite following the right steps.
- Can’t find a mesh network after Orbi Wifi setup.
- Netgear Orbi ‘401 unauthorized error’.
- Seeing ‘No Wi-Fi’ error after Netgear Orbi setup.
- Unable to perform Orbi configuration with the currently installed modem.
- Problems in authenticating Orbi Router.
- ‘No Wi-Fi’ error appearing after setting up Orbi.
- ‘Firmware Check’ error popped up on the screen after setting up Orbi.
- Unable to download and/or install the Orbi app.
- Orbi Wi-Fi extender getting frequently disconnected.
- Can’t sync Orbi app with a computer or smartphone.
- Problems pertaining to password protection and security.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to Remotely Manage Your Orbi System Using the Orbi App?
To manage your Orbi Wi-Fi system through Orbi app, follow these steps:
- Launch Orbi app, log in with your Netgear account or create one (if you are using it for the first time).
- After you log into the device, you will see a ‘dashboard’.
- Tap ‘Menu’ icon given at the top left corner of the screen, then click ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Remote Management’.
- To enable remote management, move the slider named ‘Remote Management’ to the right. With that, you can now manage your Orbi system remotely.
- If you want to manage your device on a remote basis, click ‘Connect with Remote Management’ on the Orbi app.
How To Add Network Managers on Orbi router?
Your network is your responsibility and if you feel you are not up for the task, then it’s better to hand it over to someone who can do it in the right way. The network manager is one such thing that you as an owner of your Network has the ability to choose. To add someone as a Network Manager, just go to ‘Settings’, then ‘Network Settings’ and finally, ‘Managers’.
You will now have to type in the email address of the individual who you wish to make the network manager and hit ‘Save’. An email will be sent to that individual’s inbox informing him/her about the responsibility you have bestowed. A network manager can do a number of tasks such as add, remove and power reset other devices, etc.
What is Orbi login and Steps to perform Orbi login from your computer?
- From your computer, open any web browser and enter orbilogin.com in the address bar.
- Press ‘Enter’.
- The Orbi login window will appear where the username and the password will be entered.
- Press ‘Login’.
Orbilogin.com not working?
Facing problems while accessing orbilogin.com or orbilogin.net? Just follow the simple troubleshooting steps and get the problem resolved more conveniently.
- Make sure that the Orbi device is properly plugged into the power outlet.
- Restart Orbi router, satellite and modem.
- Check the network connectivity on the device.
- Delete the cache, cookies and history of your browser.
- Try accessing orbi router login from a different browser.
- Reset Orbi Wi-Fi system.
How do I log into my router with Orbi app?
You can use the Orbi app to access and log into the Orbi router
- First of all, download the Orbi app on your smartphone from the app store.
- Install the app and open it.
- Connect the phone to the Orbi network and you will no sooner find the same login page appears on the screen.
- Enter the username and the password to login.
- Press ‘Sign-in’ to complete the login process.
How To Setup Parental Controls On Orbi?
Netgear Orbi gives you the power to control the home internet in a way that you won’t find in any other router. To pause the connection on your child’s device, tap on the respective settings link and then, ‘Family Wi-Fi’. You will find ‘Pause’ button at the bottom, so select it and then, follow the on-screen prompts to reach the page where you see a list of devices that are connected to your network. Select the device that your child is using and click ‘Pause’. To obstruct a connection, open the ‘Settings’ tab followed by clicking on the label name that you want to pause. Similarly, to un-pause a connection, go to the ‘Respective Settings’ tab and click the same label.
How do I fix my Orbi Wi-Fi?
If your network has stopped functioning for some reason, then you can easily bring it back to working ways by restarting the network. To do so, go to ‘Settings’, then ‘Network Settings’ followed by ‘Wi-Fi Points’. You can even restart the entire network or a network of any particular device.
Can I connect Orbi to the existing router?
Yes, you can by configuring the Orbi in AP mode. Before you can commence with the process of configuring Orbi in Access Point mode, make sure to fulfill these prerequisites:
- Ethernet cable.
- Existing gateway or router.
- DSL or cable service.
- Cell phone or another Wi-Fi device.
- Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi connection.
- Orbi Router.
How you can configure your Netgear Orbi Router as an access point?
- On your Orbi Router, connect an Ethernet cable into the Internet port with its other end going into the LAN port of your existing router or gateway.
- On your PC, launch a web browser and type ‘http://orbilogin.com’ in the address bar. You can do it on your smartphone as well if the PC is not available.
- You will see a login window opening on the screen.
- Enter the username and password (which is admin and password respectively) of the router and hit ‘login’ button.
- The home page appears on the screen.
- Select ‘Advanced’, then ‘Advanced Setup’ and finally, ‘Router/AP Mode’.
- Select the AP mode.
- Click ‘Apply’.
How do I find my Orbi admin password?
You will find the Orbi admin password and username from the manual provided in the box. Apart from this, you can check this online from the official website.
How to restart Orbi device?
You can restart it by simply turning off the device and wait for few seconds. Turn on the device again and check if it is working fine or not.
I can’t download the Orbi app. what to do?
Check the internet connectivity on the device from which you are going to download the app.
Orbilogin admin page not opening?
Are you facing problems while accessing the Orbilogin admin page? If yes, the factory reset the Orbi using the below-mentioned steps:
- Turn on the Orbi device.
- Press the Orbi factory reset button with the help of a paper clip.
- The Orbi router is now reset and you can perform the setup from scratch.
How do I access my Netgear router if I forgot the password?
You can easily recover the Orbi login password through the below-mentioned steps:
- Open any web browser and go to Orbi login web address.
- Go to ‘Forgot password’ option.
- Enter all the details in the form.
- Click ‘Reset my password’.
- Enter the new password twice to confirm.
Can’t log into Orbi satellite?
- Restart your Orbi router and satellite.
- Connect satellite to a power outlet.
- Wait till the satellite boots properly.
- Make sure that the latest version of the browser is installed.
- Delete all temporary files from the web browser.
- Restart computer.
- Use the default orbilogin password.
- The satellite is set to online.
- Reset the Orbi router and satellite to factory default.
Orbi app login failed on New phone
Are you experiencing problems while logging into Orbi app from the new phone? Go through the instructions given here as under:
- The Orbi router and the satellite should be on.
- Update the app to the latest version if you are using the obsolete one.
- Check if the phone OS is compatible with the Orbi app.
Can’t connect to Orbi WiFi?
Facing connectivity issues while accessing Orbi Wi-Fi? Just go through the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps.
- The device must be connected to the internet.
- From the web browser, go to orbilogin.net.
- A login page will open.
- Go to ‘Advanced tab’ and click to find out the IP address.
- Turn on the Mac cloning option if available, as this fixes many Wi-Fi issues.
- Restart the router and the satellite.
How to contact experts for Orbi related issues?
The above-mentioned tips and tricks will help to perform successful login of Orbi from the web browser or app. In case, you are still having any problem:
- You can share your query on the community page of Netgear Orbi.
- Go to https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx and select the product you are using and getting a problem with.
- You can also reach via social media handles like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- For Facebook, visit https://www.facebook.com/Netgear
- For Twitter, go to https://twitter.com/NETGEAR
- The YouTube channel for support is https://www.youtube.com/user/NETGEARChannel
- Instagram users can reach us via https://www.instagram.com/netgear/