There are only a few Orbi users who know the advantages of enabling the VPN on it. If you are not much aware of it, then we want to shed some light on the functions of VPN and how you can enable it on your Netgear Orbi router. VPN allows you to change the IP address of a network by assigning the virtual IP address and access the content which is otherwise, accessible from the home location only. You can watch any movie, show or TV episode from any location with VPN enabled on the network.
VPN utilizes the DNS settings of your router, so the DNS must be enabled on the Orbi router before initializing the VPN on it. The dynamic DNS settings are available on the login window of your Orbi router.
We will now discuss how to enable a VPN on the Netgear orbi router. Read all the steps carefully and slowly.
- To begin with, unlock the home screen of your smart device by entering the code or the PIN.
- After this, open the browser and enter Orbilogin in the address field.
- Press ‘OK’ to open the website.
- You will be re-directed to the login page. Enter the default username and password for the router interface login.
- When you go to the login window, you will find the username and password field there. Click to enter the details in it.
- A home page with different menus and settings will appear on-screen. Go to the ‘Advanced’ menu and select ‘Setup’.
- Go to ‘VPN service’ and select the option as per given in the instructions.
- Slide to turn on the VPN service and click ‘Apply’.
- Select the device on which you want to enable VPN.
- Select ‘Smartphone’ and press ‘OK’.
- Download and install the Open VPN files after downloading the VPN app. You can download it from the official app store.
- If you are downloading the files from the computer, then you will find the compressed folder in the download list. Click to unzip the folder.
Important: If you launch.Ovpn file, a list of apps will appear. You need to select ‘OpenVPN’ and connect to the.Ovpn file.
This is how you can download and install the Open VPN on the Orbi router via Android or iOS devices. A ‘VPN connected successfully’ message will be displayed on the screen.