There are basically three networks for the Orbi Pro network. One is for administrative, another one for the employee and the last one for guest access.
The Orbi router and the satellite by default are available in the same admin wireless network name i: e SSID. The SSID is listed on the router label pasted at the bottom of the hardware. These wireless settings on the label can be used admin wireless network. When you change the wireless settings of your router, the new settings will be automatically sent to the satellite.
If you are using the computer or mobile device and accessing the internet through a wireless connection, then after changing the SSID of your security, the devices will be disconnected automatically. Tap ‘Apply’. To overcome this problem, you need to connect the Ethernet to the computer and to the router and access the setup page.
Note: The admin wireless network will be called a Wireless 1 network by the web interface.
How to change the admin wireless network name and channel
- Open a web browser on your computer and mobile device to which the Orbi router is connected.
- Enter Orbilogin.com in the address space. A login window will be displayed.
- Enter the username as ‘Admin’ and password as ‘Password’ in the login fields.
- Go to ‘Wireless’ from the home page.
- All the wireless settings will be displayed on the screen.
- Enter the new network name in the SSID field.
- The name can be up to 32 characters long and is must be case-sensitive. The default SSID is otherwise randomly generated. Don’t forget to note down the name and keep it in a safe place.
To change the channel from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz, you can select any number from the menus.
In some regions or locations, not all the channels work, so you need to change them. Yes, if everything is working normally and there is no interference, then there is no need to change it. If you notice any interference in the channel, then try changing the channel and see which best fits you. While using multiple satellites, extenders, and routers, you will experience less interference due to the use of different channels. As per the experts’ recommendation, you must not use two channels in adjacent with a gap of less than four channels.
- Tap the ‘Apply’ button.
- The settings will be saved. The router will convey the new settings to the satellite.
- If you have changed the SSID earlier, then the device will get disconnected from the Wi-Fi.
- If you are not being able to connect through Wi-Fi, then go through the following steps:
- Check if the wireless-enabled computer or the mobile is connecting to other Wi-Fi networks or not. Sometimes, the wireless devices automatically connect to the network without any security.
- Is your device still trying to connect to the existing or old Wi-Fi SSID name and password? If yes, then change the network settings from the computer and try connecting to the Orbi router again. For more information you can visit Netgear Orbi Setup.