For those who want to provide a single Wi-Fi network for the entire family, the Orbi Wi-Fi system is a convenient device. The system allows a network name and password, so you don’t have to switch between networks when you move around at home. It comes with a default password and login name that should be replaced to ensure the security of the network. However, it is easy to change the Orbi default password, which is an important part of protecting your network. Some users don’t like to change their passwords because they are afraid to forget their passwords, but as you continue to read our articles, you will learn how to recover your forgotten passwords and how to store them so you never forget it.
Why Using The Default Password Is A Bad Idea
Mainly because everyone who has any knowledge of the device may know or easily guess the default password. This means that not changing the default password may allow someone to access your Wi-Fi network. If you use random Wi-Fi hotspots frequently, for example, as someone else’s guest, the idea that others use your network may not look terrible. However, the threat we are discussing is not the person who uses your Internet to view their social media materials. Unfortunately, cyber criminals can take advantage of this opportunity to access devices connected to Wi-Fi routers. Hackers don’t even need to be close to your house because they can control your router by infecting devices connected to it.
Later, hackers can use DDoS attacks on devices connected to the hacked network or use them for other malicious purposes. More importantly, cyber criminals can also collect information through hacker routers, such as your browsing history. So why do you have a chance when you can block attacks on the network? In addition to changing the password for the default device, network security experts recommend downloading any available patches or firmware updates as soon as they are released.
As an added precaution, you can also disable the ability to allow faster access to Wi-Fi by pressing a button on your device or entering a password, as it may be cracked using a brute force attack. In addition, some routers have remote management capabilities, and if you don’t think you should use this feature, you should disable it just in case, as hackers might try to take advantage of it.
How Do I Change My Orbi Default Password?
The Orbi Wi-Fi system comes with a default password, the password itself and a default username that should be admin. To replace these login credentials, you will need to log in to the router and access the advanced settings. Here is a step-by-step guide to complete the process of changing your Orbi default password:
- Select “Connect to Orbi’s device”.
- Launch the browser and go to orbilogin.com
- Wait until the login window opens.
- Enter “admin” in the username box and “password” in the password field.
- Press the “Login” button.
- You should see the basic home page.
- Select “Advanced” and select “Manage”.
- Select “Set Password” to access the “Set Password Page”.
- Enter your new username, password, and other details that the form may need.
- Click “Apply” and your password should be changed.
How To Recover A Forgotten Orbi Password?
If you have changed your Orbi default password and forgot your password, you should follow these steps:
- Launch your browser and go to my.netgear.com/registration/login.aspx
- Select “Forgot your password?” to access the option to reset the Password window.
- Submit the email address used to create your Orbi account.
- Fill in the other fields and then, click “Reset my password”.
- Go to your email and open the link that NETGEAR supports to send.
- You should be redirected to the NETGEAR Change Password page.
- Enter your new password and click Submit.
For more information Orbi Setup you can visit Netgear Orbi Help.