Before we get to the DNS settings, we advise you to download Orbi software on the device after which you will make further changes. Furthermore, you should not need toworry about the product’s age, as the Orbi manufacturers use similar technology with basis advancement that doesn’t change the nature of the device. You can follow the steps for any router regardless of the manufacturing year.Now the details are clarified. Let’s move to the topic of changing the DNS setting of Orbi wireless routers. Now, that you have downloaded the Orbi Software and have access to your router setting let’s get to further steps.
- On the web browser, open the router login page. In case, you are denied access to the URL of the login page then, you should try the IP address of the router.
- The default IP address is always mentioned at the lower surface of the hardware. You can read the address and type in the search field.
- If the IP address doesn’t seem to work that means that it is previously changed by you or by the family member.
- Well, if you have access to the IP Address then, you will be asked to enter the login details, in the username and password field. The default login details are specified at the same place where the IP address is.
Once, login is successful, look for DNS settings on the Routers dashboard and follow the steps:
- Move to the ‘Advanced’ section from the home screen.
- Look for ‘DNS setup’ and click on it.
- After clicking on the DNS setup, you will find the ‘Internet Setup’ option.
- The DNS section is under the menu‘Domain name server’.
How to update DNS setting:
Once the DNS setting is located, you can proceed with the following steps:
- Ask your ISP provider for the automatic setting.
- Followed by a click on ‘Use these DNS servers’.
- Then, click on ‘DNS settings’.
Now, in the appeared field enter the IP details. Then, follow the instructions present on the screen step by step.
Once you are confirmed about the changes made, click on ‘Apply’ and save the changes. Since you are a paid subscriber, you will get set by your ISP for free.
How to check DNS configuration?
By now, the DNS setting is confirmed, to check the changes made you can visit the ‘DNS test’. Using the ‘DNS test’ will show you results, after applying the changes. In case the settings are not working as per your requirement then, tap on the further option and see what’s wrong.
Once, you have begun the ‘Test’ it will last for around 10 minutes, be patient for the while. However, if your test is taking longer than that, then it reflects an issue with the Orbi Wi-Fi connectivity. Hence, you should report this issue on complaint form followed by restarting your router again and you are required to make changes again with the ‘DNS settings’. For more information Orbi Login you can visit Netgear Orbi Setup.