Fios stands for bundled internet access that lets you connect the telephone, TV to the internet through fiber-optic communications. If you want your Orbi router to work with the Fios, you need to configure the Orbi router in the AP mode after implementing the high-level steps.
- Switch off the Verizon Fios wireless network.
- Configure the orbi router in the AP mode.
The detailed steps are given here as under. You must read the steps carefully and slowly before implementing them on your device.
How to turn off the Verizon Fios network?
- Open a web browser on the computer or from the mobile device connected to the Verizon Fios router.
- Enter the URL or IP address in the section given. The IP address is 192.168.2.1. A login window will then appear.
- Enter the username and password. The username and password are required to login to the web-interface. If you are opening this for the first time, then enter the default login details.
- From the main page, go to ‘Wireless settings’ and click on ‘Basic security settings’.
- From the wireless menu, you will find the Wi-Fi is on. Tap to turn it off.
- After this, don’t forget to apply the settings by clicking ‘Apply’ from the bottom of the screen.
Now coming to the steps for configuring the Orbi router in the AP mode:
- By making use of Ethernet cable, connect the cable to the internet port of Orbi router and to the LAN port of Verizon Fios router.
- Open the web browser on your PC which is connected to the Orbi network.
- Enter Orbilogin.com.
- You are required to enter the username and password. The default details are ‘Admin’ and ‘Password’ for another field. Both the fields are case sensitive.
- You will be directed to the home page
- From here, go to ‘Advanced’ followed by ‘advanced setup’. Click on ‘AP/mode’.
- Select ‘AP mode’ for your Orbi router.
- Select the radio button for the below-mentioned settings of an IP address:
- Get dynamically from the existing router: The Verizon Fios router will provide the IP address to the Orbi router and the Orbi router is available in the AP mode.
- Enable fixed IP settings: Use this setting, if you want to provide the IP address details manually to the Orbi router when it is in the AP mode.
Note: To avoid any kind of interference or over-lapping, you must use different settings for both the routers and gateways connected to the same network. It is recommended to keep the Wi-Fi radio off on the Verizon Fios router and use the Orbi router for wireless access.