With the help of Orbi router’s web setup page, you can configure the Orbi router without an application. If you are looking for a method to setup Orbi without application, then follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- Disconnect modem from the power supply as well as from its battery backup.
- Plug the Ethernet cable to the yellow color port available on Orbi router and another end of the same cable to the modem.
- Connect the router to the power supply through the nearest power socket. Check if the power LED has lit or not.
- Wait till the lights in the ring get stable.
- Place the router in half-way of your house where the coverage is maximum.
- Make connections for setup and check the power light on Orbi satellite.
- Ring LED light will first glow white then change to blinking magenta. This time, your router sync with the network.
- After this time period, the LEDs will follow the different color pattern on the basis of their functioning.
- Steady blue: If the ring LED glows blue in color, then it means the connection has good strength and bandwidth.
- Steady magenta: This light indicates that the Orbi satellite has tried to maintain the connection with the Orbi router but failed. This problem can be resolved by placing the router close to the satellite. If the problem continues, press the Sync button from the router and keep it pressed for 5 seconds.
- Steady Amber color: This color is an indication for fair connection in-between the two. Here we are talking about the router and modem. To get rid of this problem, change the position of the Orbi router and set at a place where the signal strength is maximum.
- If you want to connect the router with wire, then plug in the Ethernet cable to the Orbi router and to the computer. Yes, if you are going to connect the router to the mobile or laptop then this will be done wirelessly. User must know the SSID and password of their router to connect the smart device to the network. By default, the username and password are ‘Admin’.
- Go to routerlogin.com from the web browser of your computer and click ‘Enter’.
- Read on-screen instructions before login to the router settings. All the details related to setup are given in the online guide.
A ring light on Orbi panel will switch off once the setup gets completed. In this way, the user can configure the router without requiring any app on a smartphone. We hope you will be able to get success after reading the steps. For more information Orbi Router Setup you can visit Netgear Orbi Help.