VPN stands for the virtual private network which is used to access the internet securely when you are away from home. By making use of Dynamic DNS, VPN connects to the router. Therefore, the dynamic DNS must be enabled before connecting the router to the VPN.
Now, we are going to discuss the steps for enabling VPN service on the Netgear Orbi Wi-Fi system using an android device.
- Open a web browser from your android smartphone which is connected to the network.
- Enter the IP address or the default login address of your router i: e, orbilogin.com. A login window will then appear on the device screen.
- You will be prompted to enter the username and password. By default, the username is ‘Admin’ and the password is ‘password’. Both the username and password are case sensitive.
- A basic home page will be displayed.
- Go to ‘Advanced’ setup and select ‘VPN service’. The VPN page will now get opened.
- Click on the checkbox given next to ‘Enable VPN service’.
- Tap ‘Apply’.
- Click on ‘Smartphone’ to download the VPN configuration files.
- From your mobile device, go to ‘Open VPN connect’ app and download the file from Google playstore. Install the files after it gets downloaded.
- From a computer folder, unzip the folder that contains all the information and sends it to the device.
Note: When you open. Ovpn file, a complete list of apps will be displayed on the screen. Select Open VPN from the list and open. Ovpn file.
Now, we are going to discuss the steps for downloading Open VPN on android device. If you are downloading such type of app for the first time, then pay close attention to each and every step.
- Open Playstore on your smartphone and search for ‘Open VPN’ application.
- Click to install.
- Download and install connection setting file like. Ovpn.
- After downloading the server files, open public VPN relay server list available inside the app.
- Click on the ‘Connect’ button to start Open VPN connect. Once the VPN is established, you will find ‘connected’ message on the screen.
- Start enjoying the internet with VPN relay. Once the connection with the VPN gets established, you will find the communication starts via VPN servers. To check the current global IP of your system, you need to click on ‘VPN gate’. All the details like the region to which you are connected right now and the source country of the VPN server.
Start experiencing YouTube videos, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram on your device after the successful connection of VPN. We know that all the social media platforms use encrypted communication protocols, so you can use these communications without any problem even with VPN or Non-VPN connections. For more information Netgear Orbi Support you can visit Netgear Orbi setup.