The first step to installing Netgear Orbi is configuring the base, the Wi-Fi network and then install the different satellites to extend the network coverage.
Establishment of the Orbi database
At first, you must install the base.
- Open the box.
- Place the base near your Internet box.
- Plug the Ethernet cable into the Internet socket on the base. Plug the other end into an Ethernet jack on your Internet box (yellow if available, otherwise a normal Ethernet plug).
- Plug the power supply into the base and into an electrical outlet.
- Press the Power button to start the base.
- It flashes for a few moments then its light is fixed in white.
- The new network is available. You can connect to it by using the identifiers written on the transparent banner on the base.
Installing the network via a web browser
To configure the network, you can go through a web browser from a device that will connect to the database. You can also use the dedicated application from a mobile device.
- On a computer or mobile device, connect to the Wi-Fi network indicated on the transparent banner on the base. ORBIXX probably. Use the Network Key as a password. Note that you can also make a direct connection with an Ethernet cable connected between the base and your computer.
- Launch a web browser and go to orbilogin.com.
- At this time, a warning may appear regarding an IP address conflict between your Box and the Orbi base. The IP address of the base is automatically switched to another network. Click Continue.
- The configuration wizard opens, click Next.
- Accept the terms and conditions and click Next.
- The connection between the base and the Internet via your box is established. Click Next.
- At this moment, you have the possibility to add a satellite. Click Ignore, we will add it after.
- You will now be able to configure the administrator account to manage Orbi. The username is admin by default. You cannot change it. Set a password and confirm it. Then choose two security questions and indicate their answers to help you find your account if you forget. Click Next.
- You can then customize the network name and the Wi-Fi key needed to connect. Click Next.
- If you changed the network name or password, disconnect and reconnect to the new network. In our case, we had to shut down the Wi-Fi of the laptop and then reactivate it so that the new name of the network is visible.
- Your admin credentials and Wi-Fi are to be added. You should also note down somewhere for future use. Once you save the details, click Next.
- Here you are on the Orbi configuration interface. Wait a few moments for the time it loads. We will come back to this later.
Add a satellite Orbi
Want to turn off the coverage of your wireless network? Just add Orbi satellites.
- Press the Sync button on the back of the base for 10 seconds. You can also go through the Add Satellite wizard in the application or in the Orbi administration interface.
- Place the satellite somewhere away from the base or another satellite, rather in a corner of the room. Plugin his power.
- Wait a few minutes, the satellite flashes in white and then changes to solid blue to indicate that the connection with the base is good. If the color changes to orange, the connection works but can be improved by bringing the satellite closer to the base. Finally, on the color goes to magenta, the connection with the base failed. Bring the satellite closer to the base and press the Sync button at the back to retry the connection. For more information Netgear Orbi Support you can visit Orbi Login.