Are you getting problem in connecting the devices to the Orbi router? If yes, then we can well understand how disappointing the situation can be from your point of view. Well, there is nothing to worry, we are going to discuss steps to fix the 5 most common issues of Netgear Orbi router.
Diagnose the problem first and check if the problem has been resolved or not.
- Difficult configuration: The configuration process is tricky sometimes and needs patience from the user’s side. The configuration steps also vary from model to model and from company to company. If you are going to configure the Netgear Orbi router for the first time, then go through the steps mentioned on Netgear Orbi setup page. You can run a self-diagnostic test to check and verify the settings configured on the router.
- Network unavailability: If there is a network outage problem with the internet service provider, you will find a problem in accessing the internet on smart devices. Under such conditions, it is better to contact the internet service provider, rather than troubleshooting the Netgear Orbi router. If the network quota allocated on your broadband is exhausted, then the speed will get reduced automatically. Don’t forget to check the DHCP client list to get information about the devices attached to the particular IP address.
- Updating firmware: Updating firmware solves most of the issues related to the security and bugs reported in the previous version. If you are getting problem in updating the firmware or the latest firmware files are corrupted, you can contact the Netgear Orbi support or update using the computer web browser.
It is recommended to select ‘Auto-update’ function so as to get the latest update automatically get downloaded on your router. You just need to install the updates once the downloading gets finished.
- Alternate DNS provider: Most of the users don’t know the actual DNS server settings of their Netgear orbi router model so they fail to access the internet. To fix this problem, it is recommended to use the wired connection between the modem and the router. When you connect the devices together, the router will automatically fetch the settings from the servers.
- Limited downloading speed: This issue is quite common on most of the networking devices and this problem occurs if you have subscribed to the limited data plan or the speed of the network reduced from the ISP’s end. If you are living in a large house where more than one router is required, then don’t hesitate to connect them. This will resolve the bandwidth issue. Another possible reason for this problem is ‘Improper positioning of a router’. If you have positioned the router in the wrong direction, then the speed will get limited.