Does your Orbi router’s Wi-Fi network frequently goes offline? If yes, then it could be due to weak internet signals, modem connectivity issues, outdated version of your orbi router, etc. Here’s the complete procedure to troubleshoot the network issues and get the Orbi Wi-Fi network back to online state.
An offline orbi Wi-Fi network can lead to various problems like denied access to web pages, email accounts and other devices. At present, if a user is suffering from any of these issues then this could be due to their offline Wi-Fi network. So whenever any of such issues is encountered, users must check whether their Wi-Fi network is offline. If the network is found to be in an offline state then users must go through the following troubleshooting procedure to get back the Wi-Fi network to offline state.
Steps for troubleshooting offline Wi-Fi network:
- Make sure the modem is connected to internet connected device through a hard wired connection i.e. it should be connected with the help of an Ethernet cable. If the network still remains offline even after connecting through a hard wired connection then it might be due to an internet service outage. So in this case, users must try to get in touch with their internet service providing team to get an update related to the network outage. Once the internet service will get back, the network will automatically get back to online state.
- If the internet service is available but the devices are unable to establish connectivity with the network, then there could be problem with the settings of your Orbi router. So in this case, try to power cycle the orbi router by unplugging the main power cord and then plugging it back to place after 30 seconds.
- After going through these steps, if the network issue still remains unresolved and users come across problems like denied access to other websites, no variation in the behavior of LED lights etc., then they may refer to the following set of troubleshooting steps.
- Make sure all the connecting cables to your device are tight and secure.
- Try to power cycle the network for refreshing all the connections. Users can do this by simply disconnecting all the connected network devices for a minimum of 20-30 seconds. After 20-30 seconds users may establish the connectivity and check if the network issue persists or not.
- Ensure the firmware version of orbi router being used for wireless network is not outdated. It is because an outdated firmware version can be the reason for network issues. So, one must always keep the router updated with its most recent version available till date. All Orbi routers are designed to self update their firmware version but there can be times when the automatic firmware update might fail. Thus, it is recommended to frequently check the firmware version and get it manually updated if required.
- Try to factory reset your Orbi router. Following are the steps to factory reset an orbi router:
- Ensure the power LED light of router is ON.
- Press the “Reset” button available behind the orbi router for a minimum of seven seconds and then release it. Users may take a small paper clip or pin to press and release the reset button. This will reset the settings to its default setup that might fix the network issue.
- Check and ensure the power switch for orbi router or access point is ON.
- Ensure the Network adaptor is in enabled state.
- Try to renew the IP details for the network adaptor. For this, users may go through the followings steps:
- Click once on the “Start” button followed by “Run” program.
- Type in “cmd” and press enter key or OK button.
- The command prompt window will open up on the screen. There, type in “ipconfig/ release” and press down the enter key for once.
- Another command prompt will open up, there enter “ipconfig/renew” and press down the enter key for once.
- The device will start obtaining the IP address. Ensure that the IP address is appropriate except 169.254.x.x or 0.0.0.0
- Try to power cycle the computer as well as router. Simply power OFF the computer and router, wait for 20-30 seconds and then power on both the devices.
- Ensure the password being used to connect to network is correct and is in the required case sensitive format.
That’s all how users can troubleshoot orbi router’s wireless network issues. Hope you found it helpful in troubleshooting the offline network. In case the issue persists, then users may contact Orbi tech support team for advanced technical support.