From the last few months, users are quite curious to know whether they can add more than one Orbi router to the existing network or not. The answer to this question is going to be discussed here in this post. You can add more than one Orbi router to the home network without any problem and enhance the coverage of the network at home.
Advantages of adding the second router to the network:
- Add more wired devices: With the second router, you can add another 4 wired devices to the network. This is possible due to 4 ports available on each Orbi router.
- Connect the wired and wireless devices at the same time: You can connect the 4 devices through wired and another 4-5 devices wirelessly through another Orbi router which means the communication through both wired and wireless devices is possible with the second router.
- Enhanced signal: The signal strength will be augmented with the second router as the network will start reaching every corner of your house. You will find the same network speed on all the devices.
- Network isolation: In case you are downloading the files with larger file sizes, the second router will help in removing the connection drop-out problem. You can download the files flawlessly without interfering with other devices.
How to select a router?
The following routers are available in the market. You can select anyone out of these.
802.11 ac routers
- Netgear AC 1750: This device has the capacity to connect more than 10 devices at a time to the network.
- Netgear N300 WNR2000: This is a strong and durable router with a manufacturer lifetime warranty. You can buy this product from online stores.
- Netgear Orbi: This is regarded as the best and most efficient router from the personal usage point of view. If you want a router with 2 antennas on the top, then this is the best one.
How to setup two routers?
In order to setup the second router, you need to connect it with special settings or configurations. For this, connect the router to another router physically with the help of an Ethernet cable. After this, configure other settings like DHCP and IP.
Substitute for the second router
In case you don’t own a second router but want to enhance the speed or the strength of the current network, you can use the network switch which is available in the market. You can use the on-screen instructions or the guided manual to connect the switch to the network. For more information Netgear Orbi Router you can visit Netgear Orbi Setup.