The Netgear Orbi router password is required if you want to add any new device or manage the existing ones. Apart from adding a device, if you want to change the settings of your router, then password is mandatory. However, if you have no access to the login page or the password you are entering is not working, then here are some tips to locate the right password.
Steps to access the password
Using a computer connected to the Orbi router
To access the password using the computer connected to the Orbi router, you have to go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the ‘Network and sharing center’ from the control panel of your computer.
- Tap ‘Current wireless’ and select ‘Network properties’ from the Wireless details.
- When you click on the ‘Network properties’, all the details will be displayed on the screen.
- Go to the ‘security’ tab and search for the ‘Unhide or show character’ option for your password.
- All the letters and characters which are hidden will be unrevealed. If you find this method not suitable for your router, you can go to the next step and try it
Accessing the router using a browser
This is an alternate method of retrieving or finding the Orbi router’s password. For this, launch the computer browser and go to ‘Wireless properties’.
- Connect your router to the PC using the wired connection.
- If there is any device, which is already connected to the router then no need to disconnect it.
- Open a web browser and enter the IP address of your router. When you enter the IP address, you will find the login page gets opened on the screen. Tap to enter the username and password. The username is ‘Admin’ and the password is ‘Password’ by default. If it is not working, then you can check the IP address, username, and password from the sticker pasted on the device.
- Over to ‘Advance settings’ from the main page of your Orbi router. You will get access to the main page only when the login details are verified. All the details can be checked from here. If you want, you can change the username and password of your Wi-Fi router from the same page.
In this way, the Orbi router password can be accessed. If you need any additional support, you can contact Orbi experts. The Orbi router password and the username of your login web-interface can be changed anytime according to your preference.