Netgear Orbi is quickly becoming the most popular routing device in the world. If you still have doubts regarding this device, then you just need to go through the features and advantages of the device, which you can see in the following section.
Features of the Netgear Orbi Wi-Fi Mesh System
The Netgear Orbi is a tri-band router that incorporates six internal antennas. One network on Netgear Orbi operates in the 2.4GHz band (with a 2 × 2 radius – two upward spatial transmissions and two downward spatial transmissions giving faster speeds of around 400 Mbps).
Then, there is a network in the 5GHz band (with a 2 × 2 radio that offers a maximum speed of 866Mbps), and a second 5GHz network with a 4 × 4 radio offering a maximum speed of 1,733Mbps. You will never see such high speeds in the real world, since the distance, protocol overload, and other factors consume those theoretical maximums, but you can use them to compare them.
The two 5 GHz Velop networks, in contrast, each offer the same theoretical maximum speed: 866Mbps. And, a Velop network will automatically direct clients to one or another network, choosing on the fly which 5GHz network will be used for the data link (ie, sending packets back to the node that is configured as a router).
The Orbi dedicates its 4 × 4 radio with the highest bandwidth to the link network, even if it operates without a satellite. The link network uses the highest 5GHz channels (149 and more), leaving the lowest channels (36 and more) to the router.
Netgear claims that Orbi router even in the absence of satellite will cover a 600 sq. m., of area with Wi-Fi, and with the inclusion of a satellite, the coverage increases 600 sq. m., more.
You have the option of buying pack of three Netgear Orbi Wi-Fi routers, which will include a single router and a couple of satellites. Netgear is going to provide its own satellite for pairing with existing Orbi Router.
Netgear offers a configuration application, or you can install and configure the Orbi in the old way, through a web browser. I prefer the latter because I can use a larger screen. Orbi is not currently compatible with Amazon’s digital assistant Alexa, but Netgear tells me that it is only waiting for the certification to arrive.
Main Advantages of the Orbi RBK50 AC3000 System
- Full-screen ultra-high-performance Wi-Fi system for the entire home: covers large homes of up to 1,500 square meters with fast Wi-Fi. The system includes a Wi-Fi router and a satellite.
- Lightning fast internet for all devices: Dedicated Wi-Fi connection results in fastest, consistent and reliable Internet speeds, regardless of how many devices you connect.
- Stream and play even faster with combined Wi-Fi speeds of up to 3 Gbps.
- Orbi creates a seamless network so that as you move from one room to another, your signal does not diminish.
- It works with all major Internet service providers such as Comcast, AT&T, Verizon FiOS, and more.
- Quick and easy configuration with the Orbi-Pause Wi-Fi application, perform a quick speed test and configure the Smart Parental Control etc.
- NETGEAR Armor- The best antivirus and data theft protection of its kind for ALL your smartphones and computers. Protect your connected home from Internet threats.
- It works with Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant so you can use voice commands to control the Wi-Fi network in your home.
- Smart parental controls: an intelligent way for families to manage content and time online on any connected device.
- Guest network: easily configure a secure and independent Wi-Fi network for visitors to use without sharing the Wi-Fi password of your home. For more information Orbi Router Setup you can visit Netgear Orbi Setup.