In order to connect the Fios, bundled internet access to the Orbi router, first of all, you need to configure the Orbi router in the AP mode. Fios is used for connecting the TV, telephone and other smart devices to the internet through optical fiber communications. The pre-requisites for connecting the Fios to the Orbi router are:
- Verizon Fios wireless network.
- Orbi router must be configured in AP mode.
Now, we will discuss the steps for linking the Orbi router to the Verizon Fios router.
How to turn off the Verizon Fios network?
- Go to the internet browser from the computer or smartphone linked to the Verizon Fios.
- Enter the default IP address of the Verizon. It is 192.168.1.1. As soon as you click ‘Enter’ a login window will open.
- Enter the username and password. The login details are required for the web-setup. If you are launching this for the maiden time, then the default details will work.
- Go to ‘Wireless settings’ from the basic settings page.
- Turn off the Wi-Fi from the ‘Wireless menu’.
- Once you are done with the settings, click on ‘Apply’ to save the settings.
Now the steps for configuring the Orbi router in the AP mode are:
- Connect the Orbi router to the Verizon Fios router with the help of RJ45 cable.
- Open a web browser on the computer connected to the Orbi router and enter the Orbilogin.net in the address space given on the top.
- Enter the username and the password which is ‘Admin’ and ‘Password’ set by default. You can cross-verify it from the sticker pasted.
- Once the home page appears, go to ‘Advanced’ settings from the top of the menu and click ‘AP/mode’.
- Select ‘AP mode’ for the Orbi router.
- The radio button is now displayed in front of two different settings. Select anyone out of the two settings.
- Get dynamically from the already configured router. In this option, the Fios router will assign the IP address to the Orbi router automatically.
- Fixed IP settings: If you use this option, you will find the IP address details will remain standard and fixed for the Orbi router.
Note: In order to get rid of interference related issues on the two different networks, keep the settings different for both the gateways. Keep the Wi-Fi settings for your Verizon Fios off and wireless settings for the Orbi router on so that new devices can connect to it.
- Click to apply the changes. The new IP is assigned to the Orbi router now and it will automatically get disconnected.
- To connect to the router again, enter the login domain again in the browser.