You can configure the Netgear Orbi router on the existing home network and connect the apple devices like an iPhone or iPad to it for accessing the internet. The router gets the signal from the internet service provider and boosts it to a sufficient level so that it can be easily received by the iPhone or another apple device. Apart from having different manufacturers, you can easily hook-up the iOS device to the Netgear Orbi router through the steps mentioned in the blog post.
You need to setup the Orbi app on the Apple device and connect using the built-in Orbi antenna.
- Remove the power cable from the back of your modem which is provided by the ISP.
- Insert the Ethernet cable to the respective port of modem and take it’s another end to connect to the Netgear router’s Ethernet port. Open the connection panel from the web browser.
- Plug the power adapter cable to the modem and turn it on. Connect the power supply to the Netgear Orbi as well and turn on the supply.
- When you restart the modem, it will force the modem to recognize the connection established by the router.
- After this, click on the ‘Networking’ icon and go to the ‘Netgear router’ option. This is the default login name for the router’s network. Go to a web browser and enter the IP address of the router which is 192.168.1.1. You will find the login page appears on the screen.
- Enter ‘admin’ in the username field and ‘Password’ in the password field. These are default credentials. If you are not being able to access the login page, then check the details carefully.
- Tap ‘Ok’ to access the control panel.
- Go to the ‘Wireless tab’ and select the ‘Security’ option from the menu. Click ‘WPA’. This is one of the best security recommended for the router by the experts.
- Enter the name of the network in the SSID field. You can select any name which can’t be guessed by anyone easily.
- Create a password for the same network and enter in the ‘Passphrase’ box.
- Tap ‘Apply’. If you want, you can save the login credentials in the computer drive for future reference in case you forget it.
- Now, go to the iOS device and open ‘Settings’ from the home screen. Click on ‘Wi-fi’.
- Under the wifi network list, you will find the same SSID you configured earlier. Click on it and enter the password to connect to it.
- Once connected, you will find ‘Connected successfully’ message on the screen.
- You can now start accessing the internet without any problem.
For more information you can visit Netgear Orbi Login.