Do you want to connect the Orbi voice to the Orbi router? If yes, then we have mentioned the simple steps in this regard. If you don’t have the Orbi router, then configure the Voice in the extender mode.
Steps for configuring the Orbi voice in the Orbi mode:
- Open ‘Orbi-app.com’.
- Download the app on any smart device.
- Position the router and the Orbi voice near to each other and you can easily move it away once configured.
- Connect the power adapter to the Orbi voice and don’t turn it on. In case the power button engrossed on the hardware is already on, then press to turn it off.
- Change the mode of Orbi Voice to the Orbi.
- Search for the sync button on the voice and press it.
- While the sync button is pressed, turn on the power button and check if the device is on or not.
- Wait for the LED rings to get stable or turn to white or blue. If the lights are on, you can release the sync button.
- Different colors of LED will pulse on a device:
- Pulsing white: This means the Orbi Voice is soon going to enter into the Orbi mode. The while light will blink for a few seconds.
- Solid white: The Orbi voice has now entered into the Orbi mode. You can start syncing it with the Orbi router.
- Open the Netgear Orbi app and search for the display dashboard.
- Tap the Home icon and click to add a satellite.
- Read on-screen instructions to sync the Orbi voice with the Orbi router.
- The following LED ring color will be noticed when the Orbi Voice Sync with the Orbi router.
White: The Orbi Voice is trying to connect to the Orbi router.
Blue Amber: These colors just tell about the status of the network.
Blue: Connection established.
Amber: Connection between the devices failed. Move the Orbi router and the voice close to each other. The LED will glow for 3 minutes max.
Magenta: Connection is still not established or failed due to the distance issue. In this case, you can change the direction of the router and place it near to the Voice.
No color: This indicates a proper and successful connection between the Orbi router and the voice.
- Once you are done with the setup, you can place the Orbi Voice in any location irrespective of the signal issue. For more information you can visit Netgear Orbi Setup.